Sunday, November 2, 2008

The List...

Today I will only post a list of things I like and dislike about my experiences in South Korea.

Dislikes:
-the immense amount of pollution
-the smell of the sewers/trash
-how dirty it is, sometimes I think it is comparable to Mexico
-people constantly pushing past you, pushing you out of the way
-the work-aholic society
-the sewer smell that comes up from my shower drain, I can't seem to rid of it with anything
-my bed that still feels rock hard even though I put 5 blankets and a comforter on top of the mattress
-sky scrapers everywhere, I want real scenery

Likes:
-Korean food
-how cheap take out is
-how helpful Koreans are, they will go to great lengths to help you solve your problem
-the large number of English teachers that all live in my area
-my co-workers, they are great
-the fact that there is an international church I can go to here
-the people at my church
-the fact that I am starting to pick up little phrases in Korean
-I have a washer, I don't have to go to the laundry mat
-I live next to a mountain I can see sometimes (depends on pollution)
-the adorable open market down the street from my apt.
-how God is working and moving in ways I have never seen before
-the public transportation, I love the subway
-downtown and all its shops
-learning to pray more
-all the coffee shops, there is at least one on every corner
-seeing God's protection and provision in my life

1 comment:

Molly Swanson said...

what a beautiful list! i love it. sure do miss you!