Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Focus


"I arise today through God's strength to pilot me; God's might to uphold me, God's wisdom to guide me, God's eye to look before me God's ear to hear me, God's word to speak for me, God's hand to guard me. Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise. Christ in the heart of every one who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of every one who speaks of me, Christ in the every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hears me. I arise today through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity."

-"Lorica" by Saint Patrick

When our focus turns to Christ at all times, in every aspect of our lives we will find it hard to be disappointed, or lose hope. Still reading that book by Ortberg.

No comments: