Thursday, January 7, 2010

Saving



After much research, and emailing, I finally got a straight answer out of a pastry school for their price. They called me yesterday afternoon to tell me, and I was not surprised, but still wanted to cry at the thought of it. So you might be thinking to yourself, "what could that awful, magical number be?" I will unveil it to you. Brace yourself. Drum roll please.............Going to a pastry school would cost me $21,000. There is financial aid, but I doubt it will cover a huge amount of the cost. There are also scholarships, but the largest one I found is for $1,500. That doesn't help out much. I am also currently without a job, so it's not like I have a lot of funding. They did bring up the option of a loan too, but I already have college debt, and soon will get a car, which will accrue more debt for me. I don't really want to take out another loan, especially that amount.

It's moments like this where I wish I would have know these things about myself in college. If I had known I hate management, I wouldn't have done management in college. I probably wouldn't have gone to a normal college at all. I would have gone to pastry school right away instead. Now the only thing I can have as comfort is the fact that God must have wanted me at Tech, since He didn't show me these things until after graduating. That leaves me where I am today, still waiting and trusting that the Lord will bring along His best for me. Maybe someday, I will be able to afford pastry school.

No comments: