Friday, December 12, 2008

My Wooer...= )


Today a passage that I have been clinging to since this past May came more alive for me. Since the wave of hard times began, I have been enthralled by these words. It is still one of the most beautiful things to my ears.

"But to those who suffer He delivers in their suffering; He speaks to them in their affliction. He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food." 
Job 36:15-16

At Bible study this morning, one of the girls brought up that "being wooed" is a choice. He is wooing me from the jaws of distress, but I have to let Him woo me. I have to accept His love, His chivalry. Essentially, I can choose to be stuck in despair about my affliction, or I can accept His "wooing"/love. Choose to see past myself and look towards what He is doing for His glory and namesake. Chivalry was never dead. = )

No comments: