Saturday, March 21, 2009

Purpose


Tonight I went and saw the Benjamin Button movie, finally, with Yanin. I am the kind of person that likes to find meaning and a lesson in everything. Any kind of slightly serious movie leaves my mind turning and configuring how I can take something from it. This is movie is way more than slightly serious. As I left the theater, I began to think through it all. It really makes you think about your life, and what you have done. It makes you want to live a life full of meaning and purpose, not just waste it. I began to think of my friends who do not know the Lord, and I had to try very hard not to break down as I left the theater with Yanin. There was so much death in the movie that it made me remember that one day we will all die. I am not afraid of my time, I actually welcome it from a distance knowing where I will be going, but when I think of them, my heart breaks. I want to shake every one of them, and say do you not understand how important this is? It's only forever, and it's only your life now! When are you going to do something with it that really matters? How can you be so blind to the truth when it is so blatantly in front of you? Tomorrow, Bhavani and Shawn may be coming to church with me. Pray, pray, pray, pray, and don't cease. I am nervous at how the service will be received by Bhavani, I don't want it to turn her off to Christ. Shawn is a struggling believer. He just is dying for a place to be encouraged, and renewed because he is shriveling up spiritually here in Korea. I pray that it will be renewal, encouragement, and strengthening for him. I will let you all know if they actually come, that will be the first step. Thanks for always praying. Love you all. Remember, live a life of purpose, don't waste your time.

No comments: