Friday, January 30, 2009

Transformation


At my church, I am a part of a Bible study that is going through the book, The Mind of Christ. In the beginning, it was good, but there was nothing truly moving. As of late, it has been challenging to my heart, my soul, and my mind. To have a mind like Christ requires thoroughly examining your own so that you can see what belongs and what must be removed/changed. It is hard to come face to face with your own dark. I often forget how depraved I really am, and then studies like this shed light on my heart. The light allows me to see all that is there. I see the parts that I have passed over and become calloused towards over the years. I see the parts that I have just assumed to be part of who I am, and I see the parts that have haunted me for as long as I can remember. Having the mind of Christ is an overwhelming thought. There have been multiple times in the study that I have felt that it would be impossible to change all these things about myself, and then I am reminded by the author of the study, that God is completing His good works in me. It is a process, a life long process, and knowing myself, I want it to be a one week or possibly a one year process at most. Transformation takes time. Philippians 1:6 says, " being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." That means until I die or until God comes back. I got a ways to go. I am so thankful to know that the transformation is not dependent on me, I am not doing this alone. He must be the One that changes my heart and shows me how it is possible.

No comments: