Friday, March 5, 2010

Songs


I got this CD the other week from our old worship leader at the church I go to in Houston. He moved up to Portland to sing in the opera there, he's got a great voice obviously. His CD is in my car, so when I drive anywhere I constantly hear the songs. One particular song has been stuck in my head lately. I think it is more the Lord who placed it there, it comes to me at all times of the day when I am in different situations. It comforts me, and causes me to have less fear in my life. Here are some of the lyrics:

He is there, He is there, when we lose our way.
He will always guide us, through the night or day, He is always there.
He's there with you in your home, you at work, you in your car...couples in love...nations in mourning...people rejoicing....He's God when you win, God when you lose, He is there.
He is there, He is there, when we lose our way.
He will always guide us, through the night or day, He is always there.

There is another song from the CD, that is also impressing itself on my heart, and making me think through the way I live my life. Here are some of it's lyrics:

Take my hands and lift them up, for I have not the strength to praise You well enough.
For I have nothing, I have nothing, without You.
Take my voice, and pour it out, let it the songs of mercy I have found.
For I have nothing, I have nothing, without You.
All my soul needs, is all Your love to cover me, so all the world can see, that I have nothing without You.
Take my body, and build it up, may it be broken as an offering of love.
For I have nothing, I have nothing, without You.....Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee. Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise, let them flow in ceaseless praise.

So remember this weekend and next week, He is there, and we have nothing without Him.

No comments: