Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Lord does not waste time

Welcome to a new week, and a new turn in my year long adventure in Daegu, South Korea. This is the third week I have been here. Things are starting to feel more familiar. You know that you have almost completely adjusted when Korean no longer sounds like a foreign language, even though I still have no idea what anyone is saying. I no longer notice the way that all the Koreans stare at me when I walk by. The transition to teacher-hood is in full swing as well. You know that you are a teacher when you start to correct all the emails people send you. Yes, in my head, I put in commas, and replace words. My English has improved, and will be amazing when I leave here. My job is a blessing, even on the hard days. At the end of the day, it does not even feel like work. That is a good sign to me. It's not that I do not work, I work hard for 8 straight hours Monday-Friday, trying to help children comprehend the difficult English language. It feels more like fun, or playing sometimes. My one wish, is that I had more classes with advanced students who could understand the words coming out of my mouth. Back to the point of this post. This week one of my students is on break. I have three classes with her in the week, they are all cancelled. As a result, today I had a break with one of my co-workers, Chloe. She is going through a hard time, so we talked for an hour. In that hour, I told her a bit about my life, and then about the guy who hit on me at the bar last week. She asked me what my high-standards are. I told her, that any guy I date, has to have a personal relationship with God. I explained that it is not religion, but a relationship. She did not let me elaborate enough to share the gospel with her, but I am hoping that it will happen in the future. Now, she and Andrew, both know that I have a personal relationship with God. I am praying that their hearts will soften, and they will let me be vulnerable with them. I am praying that the gospel be heard, and not fall on deaf ears or hard hearts. Please, pray for them with me. It is only week 3, and God has already paved the way for me to share with both of them. He certainly does not waste time. Also, pray that my life, and the things that are unspoken, would be a testament of God's glory, gospel, and goodness. Thank you, for your love and prayers, they are felt here so often. They are needed so much as well.

No comments: