Monday, September 1, 2008

What do you hope in?

So my journey and struggle to get to South Korea continues on. My recruiter does not understand that I did everything necessary for my criminal background check. I have an uncle who called the capital for me, did research, and asked around. They told him that I did everything right. Now I have yet to convince my recruiter of it. Patience is a virtue that I am learning, some people are surprised that I still want to go to South Korea, but I suppose that I am stubborn. It is also probably the Lord pushing me towards this end. What a crazy ride this whole thing has been, and I am learning sooooooo much. One of my friends said that all of these things may be testing of my faith. I didn't really like that statement because it is hard to take in. It means that there is probably, indefinitely, more hard things ahead of me. Not a fan of that, but at the same time, I know that my friend is right. There is no choice in my situation but to trust Him. All these circumstances have brought me to my knees, but there is no place I would rather be. New things are coming to life, and words on pages are no longer words, but life. I thirst for Him on a daily basis, in the deepest recesses of my soul I know that I cannot make it through the day if I do not hear from Him. I see that my hope can be built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. Dear friends, please make Him your hope in these days, because nothing else can sustain or satisfy.

On another note, I went out this weekend with my sister and some friends for her birthday. We went to this one place where some sleezy fellas tried to hit on us. One of the guys insisted that he was not hitting on us, he was just there with his friends. The only reason I mention them is because it was so sad. One of them was older, and highly innapropriate, I will not repeat some of the things he told me. The only reason he told me these awful things was in an effort to impress me and the other girls. I can only feel pity for this man because he feels that his worth is defined by the things he has done, the money he has, his social status, and his job. Maybe the things he said were all lies, but that is what he thought would make him impressive or worthwhile in our eyes. How tragic, that so many people feel that they aren't worth something without all the excess. I hope that one day someone can tell that man, when he is sober, that someone loves him as he is. There is a God who knows him without the money, the job, the status, the relationships, the popularity, and the prestige. This God loves him without it all.

My last tidbit for today is to let you all know that I have a tattoo. I got it yesterday! It is the greek word agape on my wrist. I will post a picture of it soon.

1 comment:

reeders said...

Hey Jules! I am realy excited that I have time right now to go through your blogs...they are all so good right now!!..man, I am just praising God more and more as I read through them!!...and the one about God loving us despite of what we have is a great reminder! Love ya! :)